Mission: To educate, inform, and enlighten the public on the importance of the local independent businesses to the economy and character of our town.
What is an Independent Business Alliance?
The Concord Independent Business Alliance is a coalition of locally-owned independent businesses, citizens and community organizations united to support home town businesses in Concord. Such alliances are a proven tool for helping maintain unique community character, ensure continued opportunities for entrepreneurs, build local economic strength, and preven the displacement of locally-owned businesses by chains. An independent business alliance helps return decision-making ability over a community’s future to the people who call it “home.”
What is a Concord Indie?
A Concord Indie is any business that fulfills ALL of the criteria below:
- No more than 6 locations
- Minimum of 50% of locations in MA or within 100 miles of Concord
- Minimum of 50% of owners in MA or within 100 miles of Concord
- Headquarters in MA or within 100 miles of Concord
- Privately owned
- Owner(s) has full decision-making authority (name, signage, logo, appearance, product selection, salaries, etc.)
- Banks have different criteria than the above; we have adopted those used by Move Your Money